RETURN TO SAAC HOMEPAGE
Name: Erin Malone
Institution: Villanova University
Sport: Women's Swimming & Waterpolo
1) What was the biggest factor when deciding to attend Villanova University?
Being part of a strong Athletic tradition, but more importantly a strong academic program with great resources.
2) What do you like the most about being a college student-athlete?
The privilege of not only being able to compete at a high level doing what I love (swimming); but receive an education at the same time, continually growing as a person, meeting new people, and being granted so many amazing opportunities.
3) Why have you chosen to represent your school as a BIG EAST SAAC Rep?
If it were not for my sport, I would have never been granted the amazing opportunity to come to the U.S.A and complete my college degree. I am so proud to be a student-athlete for Villanova, and any opportunity to carry the 'V' is such an honor!
4) What is your favorite volunteer (or community service) activity you have participated in?
Every year Villanova hold St. Thomas of Villanova Day of Service. This is the one day a year where I can participate in service in our local area, with my entire team, and we can concentrate on giving back, while having fun with one another outside the pool.
5) Who is your favorite professional athlete?
Natalie Coughlin, Amanda Beard, Leisel Jones - My inspirations while growing up, who even in retirement are still able to motivate and inspire greatness, health, and well-being.
6) What are you favorite non-sport activities/hobbies?
I love photography, social media, creative design, and writing; but there is nothing like a good cup of coffee, some sweet tunes, and good company to turn even the hardest days around.
7) What is your dream job?
I would like to run my own start-up consulting business, predominantly aimed at non-profits and development programs.
8) To this point, what has been your most memorable moment in your college athletic career?
Big East Championships 2011 (as a sophomore) - while I swam some pretty well overall, the fact that I was given the opportunity to represent my team in some events that I had never really swum was not only a huge honor and motivation, but made me realize how lucky I am to be part of such a supportive environment, and incredible atmosphere everyday at Villanova.
9) If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be?
Vanilla - because it's the most versatile and consistently satisfying flavor!