Boise State University
Back to New Member Main Page
Location: Boise, Idaho
Colors: Orange and Dark Blue
Notable Football Accomplishments
- The nation's best overall winning percentage (.819) from 1997-2010.
- The nation's best home field winning percentage (.972) from 2000-10.
- 112 wins from 2000-09, the most by any team during a decade in the modern era of college football.
- Three straight 12-win seasons from 2008-10.
- One of two teams (Virginia Tech) with six consecutive seasons with at least 10 wins
- Had a streak of eight conference championships in 10 years from 2001-10.
- A 72-6 record in the last six years.
The Blue Turf
Bronco Stadium, which has been the home of Boise State football since 1970, is one of the most recognizable facilities in the nation, thanks in part to its distinctive blue playing surface. Boise State is the only Bowl Subdivision program that plays its games on a blue field. The first blue AstroTurf field was installed in 1986 and was replaced in 1995 and 2002. The school converted to FieldTurf for the 2008 season, with an upgrade added in 2010.
Steve Appleton - chairman and CEO, Micron
Ryan Clady - All-Pro football player
Michael Hoffman - director of Academy Award-winning films; Rhodes Scholar
Butch Otter - governor of Idaho
Dave Wilcox - Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee