April 16, 2014
NEW YORK – Seton Hall freshman Lloyd Jefferson Go was named the BIG EAST Men’s Golfer of the Week on Wednesday after a strong showing for the Pirates last week at the Princeton Invitational. Go finished his week with a 3-under 68 to tie for sixth as the Pirates stayed in-state.
Other top performances were carded by DePaul’s Moritz Ackerhans, Marquette’s Patrick Sanchez and St. John’s Ryan McCormick.
BIG EAST Men’s Golfer of the Week
LLOYD JEFFERSON GO, SETON HALL Fr., Guadalupe Cebu City, Philippines
Go helped the Pirates take fifth of 15 teams at the Princeton Invitational last weekend, orchestrating a 3-under-par 68 in his third and final round to tie for sixth individually. Go finished the tournament with a 3-under 210 (72-70-68) to finish five shots beyond the winner. It’s Go’s third under-par outing this year, tying him for fourth in Pirate history. Two of the three players to record more under-par showings in one season are Hall of Famers at Seton Hall.
BIG EAST Notebook
• DePaul’s Moritz Ackerhans had a strong week, leading the Blue Demons to seventh at the Red Wolf Intercollegiate with a three-round 217 (73-70-74) to tie for sixth. He tied for 42nd with scores of 78-74-77 at the Hawkeye-Great River Entertainment Invitational in Iowa City. It was DePaul’s last two regular season competitions before the BIG EAST Championships.
• Marquette sophomore Patrick Sanchez led his team to fifth at the Hawkeye Invite thanks to a second-round one-under 71. He posted 11 birdies and finished 16th.
• St. John’s senior Ryan McCormick tied for 25th at the Redhawk Invitational. He carded an even-par 70 on the third day to finish +6. His 3-under on par-5s was tied for the second-best showing.
• Marquette, St. John’s and Xavier are scheduled for this weekend. The Golden Eagles are set for the Winchester Classic in Meadow Vista, Calif., the Red Storm heads to Raleigh, N.C., for the Wolfpack Invite and Xavier is scheduled to compete at The Rutherford in State College, Pa.
• Georgetown is set to wrap up its regular season slate at the Oak Hill Collegiate in Rochester, N.Y., on April 21-22.